Bissy (Kola Nut)
Bissy (Cola Acuminata/Kola Nuts)
Primarily used in parts of Africa including West Africa and Nigeria, bissy, also known as the kola nut produces a bitter flavor. Bissy contains a small amount of caffeine and may potentially aid the digestive tract, may increase alertness, may increase stamina, may treat fatigue and promote weight loss. Kola nuts may potentially help with depression, anorexia, migraines, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, dysentery, diarrhea, and other mental and physical conditions.
- Potentially Boost to metabolism: Kola nut contains caffeine, which may give a person's metabolism a boost.
- Potentially Aid digestion: Kola nut powder and extract may help digestion. They are thought to promote the production of gastric acid, which increases digestive enzyme effectiveness in the stomach.
- Potentially Increase in circulation: The caffeine and theobromine in the kola nut may speed up the heart rate, which increases circulation.
- Potentially Boost to energy levels: The kola nut might naturally stimulate the central nervous system, which may increase alertness and boost energy levels.
- Potentially Antibacterial benefits: The use of kola nut extract may stop the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Migraines: The theobromine and caffeine contained in the kola nut may dilate or widen blood vessels in the brain, which might decrease migraine pain.
- Asthma: The caffeine in kola nuts may act as a bronchodilator, which means it opens the airways to make breathing easier.
Bissy may also aide with:
- skin diseases
- morning sickness
- intestinal diseases
- low sex drive
- coughs and asthma
- various eye problems
- menstrual pain
- alcohol poisoning
- reduce fatigue